Senior Night Game Is A Chance To Say Goodbye

Mariah Long, Photographer & Staff Reporter

It has reached that time of year again where we must say goodbye to some of our favorite players. As our big final, we will be playing against Phoebus on Tuesday, February 15th. 

We have played Phoebus once before, however this time around is going to be much different. This is the game where the seniors will be taking their final goodbye as a Duke cheerleader or basketball player. 

This past football season our cheerleaders participated in the high competitions. The second round of competitions we were the only team who hit zero deductions in the competitions.

Our graduating girls this year will be: Manager Jaidyn Forrest, Amari Marsh, Myasia Marsh, Cori Morgan, and Sydney Taylor. For our boys it will be : Connor Brooks, Michal Fisk, Josh Hook and Keith Hopkins. And we can’t forget about our varsity duke cheerleaders. Taylor Hockey, A’sannah Hunter, Trinity Harris, Sirena Wainwright, and Delaja Minor. 

They will have their parents or guardian walk them across the court, and they will be recognized. The girl’s game will start at 5:30 pm which will then be followed by the boy’s game at 7pm. We will be recognizing them and letting them take their final goodbye as a Gloucester Duke basketball player or cheerleader. We appreciate all of the senior basketball players and cheerleaders for their hard work and everything they have accomplished during their years here at Gloucester High School.