• February 29Neon Spirit Week: March 18th - 22nd + GLOW Pep Rally

Valentine’s Day

Valentine’s Day first originated at the end of the 5th century. People usually tend to spend Valentine’s Day with their loved ones. If you asked people today what they thought Valentine’s Day was about, most of them would tell you gifts. Although it may be nice to get gifts on this holiday, it isn’t what it’s all about. Valentine’s Day is about spending time with the people you love and care for the most. I did a few interviews on people’s perspective of this holiday. The outcome of it was really enjoyable.

The first person I interviewed was Coach Peirce. I asked Coach Peirce a series of questions about Valentine Day. Pierce told me that he thinks Valentine’s Day is about the expression of love. That is an amazing way to describe this holiday, because Valentine’s Day isn’t about gifts or chocolate, it’s about you and your loved ones. Coach Pierce told me that he isn’t really a fan of this holiday but he does spend it with his significant other as well as his mother. He also mentioned that he liked to go out to dinner and see a movie with his significant other on Valentine’s Day.

The second person I interviewed was my cousin Lacy. I asked Lacy the same series of questions I asked Coach Pierce, and I got many different answers. Lacy told me that her favorite part of Valentine’s Day was spending time with her mom. Lacy said that the reason she loves this holiday is because the whole day is about love. Lacy says that being in love is a special feeling and other people should get to experience love because love is a beautiful thing. Lacy also mentioned how she usually goes out to dinner with her mom on this holiday. She said that she likes to get dressed up in a nice outfit and do her hair and makeup for this holiday as well.

The third and final person I interviewed was Mrs. Bergh. Mrs. Bergh told me that her favorite part of Valentine’s Day is the chocolate and cheesecake. Yum! She told me that she spends this day with her students and her husband once she gets home from school. Mrs. Bergh also mentioned how this year she is making a homemade gift for her husband, she is making him a bouquet of crochet sunflowers. Mrs. Berg really enjoys dressing up for Valentine’s Day. She likes to wear fun earrings and pretty Valentine’s Day colors. Needless to say, Mrs.Berg definitely likes this holiday.

In conclusion, Valentine’s Day has a different meaning to anybody you ask. It means something special to every single person in their own special way. The three people I interviewed have different outlooks on this holiday. That doesn’t mean that they don’t all cherish something special about Valentine’s Day. Overall, This holiday brings people together for the better. Valentine’s Day is a magical holiday everyone should love, no matter if you have a significant other or not. This holiday is filled with love.