Dukes Dispatch

Providing a Pathway for Student Voice on Campus and Throughout the Community

Breaking News
  • June 4If you are reading this go enjoy your summer!
  • December 15Don't forget to follow the Dukes Dispatch on Tiktok! @dukes_dispatch_ghs
  • April 10Check Out Our New Stories! New Stories Posted Every Two Weeks!!

Dukes Dispatch

Dukes Dispatch

Poll

This poll has ended.

Which is your favorite flavor?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

University of Miami

The University Of Miami is a private university in Coral Gables, Florida. It is best known for it being one of America’s top research universities, it comes in place #67 of the best colleges nationwide. The University of Miami has a 19% acceptance rate and a 83% graduation rate, the average GPA there is a 3.8.

Majors & Requirements

This university has a variety of different majors to choose from like finance, psychology, marketing, economics, and tons more. There are a few requirements like 1450 SAT or a 33 ACT. 

Fun Facts

Here are some fun facts about The University Of Miami, celebrities Dwayne Johnson and Sylvester Stallone both attended this university. Another fun fact about the University Of Miami is that they have had a long time rivalry with Florida State University. The University Of Miami had about 19,334 staff and faculty members in 2023 and is the second largest employer in Miami-Dade county. I can only imagine the numbers of the staff and faculty increasing now.

College

In my opinion when you are going to college you want to go somewhere fun and you will enjoy it.  During the years you attend college I think you should be in a stress free environment and be able to get out and have some fun at some times. At the University of Miami it is very pretty there and they are also redoing the dorms right now. College is a one time life experience, you will meet new people and friends there. It is a party kind of school and there is always some type of fun going on, so that means you will not always be in your room being bored.

The University Itself

The University Of Miami is challenging but only because they accept hard workers. They give them work to prepare the students for the real workplace they are aiming for. I think when you go to a university you want to go for one with not a very high graduation rate, because they teach better than others and challenge their students rather than giving them easy work. 

Involvements 

There are a lot of ways to get involved with this school, there are 26 fraternities and sororities. There are also some extracurriculars that will get you involved with other things too like personal development, leadership, and there are over thirty sports to do. All these activities will get you up and active and may lead to new friendships.