April Students of the Month Honored

April Students of the Month Honored

Staff Reporter, Staff Reporter

• Freshman Myla Santiago – Mylah consistently does her work and is respectful to her peers and teachers. When she is absent she works to complete missing work in a timely fashion. Additionally, Mylah is engaged in class discussions and advocates for herself when needed.

• Freshman Hayden Banks – Hayden customized a wooden project and installed the item with the professionalism of a person being in the workforce for years. Polite, respectful, and went above and beyond!

• Sophomore Kenadie Hammond – She always puts out the best effort and is always respectful and trustworthy!!

• Sophomore Bailey Wilson – She is very engaged in her school and exudes school spirit! She strives to do well in all her endeavors and treats everyone with respect.

• Sophomore Kyra Harrell – Kyra always has a smile on her face and goes out of her way to talk with everyone she has contact with. She always takes pride in her work and the things that she makes. She went out of her way to represent the culinary program during the Career Expo. She gave up her lunch to make sure all guests at the expo were fed. She answered all their questions and helped them all out.

• Junior Aaron Thomas – Aaron is a very respectful student towards me and his classmates. He is soft spoken but never forgets to greet me every morning when he comes to class. He also does his works honestly and to the best of his ability. He is never intimidated by any complicated process. He sits quietly and goes through the process humbly and patiently. Though he is one of the academically strong students in the class, he has never shown any sign of arrogance or boastfulness. I feel blessed to have him in my class.

• Senior Colleen Brownley – Colleen is demonstrates the Duke way because she is engaged in her lessons. She puts forth her best effort and completes her assignments in a timely manner. She works well with her peers, is responsible and does not require redirection.

• Joshua Rodriguez, Senior – Joshua is always very prompt and respectful.