• February 29Neon Spirit Week: March 18th - 22nd + GLOW Pep Rally

Last Minute Halloween Costumes

Hannah Cupp
Charlie Brown and Lucy costume

So, you’ve been invited to a last-minute Halloween party, and you don’t have a costume. We’ve all been there. It’s the day of the party, and you don’t have time or a lot of money to buy a good costume. Here are some ideas of things that you either have on hand or a good base outfit so you can buy an accessory rather than an entire costume. You could totally go all out on these if you wanted to, or you could make it as lazy as possible. 

Solo: 

• Rory Gilmore, big white sweater and jeans
  • Karen Smith, black dress with a ribbon around it and mouse ears
  • Ivy, get faux vines that you can glue to a green shirt or dress

Friends Duo:

• Sharpay and Ryan, lots of pink and big sunglasses, one wears khakis and a polo
  • Phineas and Ferb, one wears red, and one wears green and purple
  • Bert and Ernie, both wear striped sweaters, but one has a circular red nose, and the other has an ovular orange nose
  • Dalmatian and firefighter, one wears a white shirt with black dots and the other wears khakis and a firefighter hat
  • Princess and the Pauper, one wears a pink dress, and the other wears a purple one 
  • Pink and White, one wears pink and one wears white (could be a trio if someone wants to be Frank Ocean)

Couple:

• Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift can be as lazy as Travis wearing red and yellow with an 87 on his face and Taylor having a 13 on her hand, but could totally be done well if you do want to put time into it
  • The Man in the Yellow Hat and Curious George, one wears yellow, and one wears brown 
  • Charlie Brown and Lucy, yellow shirt with some black marker or tape for the stripes and a blue dress
  • Tourist and Statue of Liberty, I Love New York merch and teal crown and dress

Trio: 

• Traffic lights, one wears red, one wears green, and one wears yellow
  • Pumpkins, all wear oversized orange shirts with a brown headband and a green pipe cleaner attached for the stem

So now you have your costume. Enjoy your party or trick-or-treating and remember to be safe!

View Comments (1)