• February 29Neon Spirit Week: March 18th - 22nd + GLOW Pep Rally

Art Expression in Schools

Why should you take art?
Art from Gloucester High Schools art class
Emily
Art from Gloucester High School’s art class

Students should take art to express themselves and have fun. In 3D Arts, students participate in clay crafting. It is a great way to have fun and think outside the box. It can make you more creative and experimental. Drawing and painting is a good alternative if a student wants something more basic. GHS offers other alternatives such as photography and graphic design. In each art class there’s always something for everyone to take part in and enjoy. Art is something everyone should try and you could make so many new friends.

“Creativity takes courage” – Henri Matisse

To people who rarely or never create art, it may seem like it comes with ease. Those who often create art know that it is more complicated, and not so simple, making art challenges you. Art is made with meaning and the quote expresses how creating art is not just drawing or painting, but an act of creativity from the soul

Art is for everybody, no matter age, race, gender, or sexuality. It allows complete freedom for all who need it. Art is anything you want it to be. Everybody should be involved in art and have a creative side. Art is for anyone who wants it and is interested in seeing what they can create. You can make art pieces that express something that can not be said with words. GHS art classes are an amazing way to start on that journey and discover new things that you may love.

View Comments (1)