Mygas Steps Up As Principal of GHS

Principal Dr. Stefan Mygas

Zachar

Principal Dr. Stefan Mygas

Makayla Hess and Gray Brown

Dr. Stefan Mygas has worked in Gloucester County Public Schools district since January of 2015. However, this is his first year as a principal. Mygas began working with GCPS as an assistant principal at Gloucester High School.  In January of 2016, Mygas became a math curriculum specialist at the school board office for 3 and a half years before returning to GHS as an assistant principal at the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year. Mygas has lived in the commonwealth most of his life in either Virginia Beach or Newport News, where he lives now with his daughter who attends school across the bridge.

As the new principal of Gloucester High School, Mygas has expressed his main goal is to keep the school open and learning in person. Mygas also wants to continue with ongoing building improvements such as renovating bathrooms.

Mygas has a message for students new to the GHS family, “Everyone wants to welcome you!” Additionally, Mygas strongly suggests new students should get involved with something at GHS.  He suggests joining a group or club to help new students find other students with similar interests and hobbies . In addition, Mygas stresses, “if you need something, don’t be nervous or afraid to ask.”