• February 29Neon Spirit Week: March 18th - 22nd + GLOW Pep Rally

Fourth Wing: A Review

Fourth Wing: A Review
Rebecca Yarros

Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros is a captivating novel that immerses readers in a world filled with rich characters and a dynamic plot. Yarros showcases her commendable writing style, crafting a narrative that vividly brings the story to life. The characters are well-developed, each with their unique personalities, adding depth to the overall narrative.

One notable strength of the novel lies in its exploration of relevant themes that resonate with a young adult audience. Yarros skillfully weaves in elements that prompt readers to reflect on friendship, identity, and the challenges of adolescence. These thematic layers contribute to the book’s appeal, making it more than just a surface-level adventure.

However, the pacing of the narrative occasionally falters, creating moments where the story feels uneven and, at times, disrupting the overall flow. This aspect could be a potential drawback for readers who prefer a more consistent pacing throughout a novel. Despite this, the well-crafted characters and their interactions remain a strong point, keeping the reader engaged and invested in the unfolding events.

Earning 3/5 stars, Fourth Wing is a commendable read that falls just short of perfection. While it may have its pacing challenges, the novel’s positive attributes make it a worthwhile choice for those seeking a balance of adventure and character-driven storytelling. Yarros’ ability to delve into meaningful themes adds depth to the narrative, offering readers a thought-provoking experience within the realm of young adult fiction.