• February 29Neon Spirit Week: March 18th - 22nd + GLOW Pep Rally

Getting in the Christmas Spirit

The Central Trend

For a good number of people, Christmas is one of, if not their absolute favorite holiday of the year. Why would that be? It obviously has to come with reasonable things. Maybe those things could be the feel of it, with the weather being cold, the bright lights shining, all the decorations, and just the ultimate vibe of it. It could be the family aspect of it, seeing all of your relatives, enjoying time you are spending with your family, just all of it. Or maybe a very common answer could be because of all the presents. Whatever it is, it clearly shows why Christmas is many people’s favorite holiday. 

Most people celebrate Christmas with their family and that is part of the reason why they enjoy this holiday so much. It is a time where the whole family gets together and spends quality time together. They catch up on each others’ lives throughout the year and join together to spread Christmas cheer. Having a long Christmas break helps with spending more time with family and it is one of the most enjoyable times of the whole year. 

The shine of the lights, the sounds of the music, all the decorations, they are all major key parts to the Christmas spirit. It is common for people to find warmth and comfort with the whole set up of Christmas decorations. Most people hang up lights outside and they decorate the whole inside of their house with Christmas lights, trees, ornaments, and other festive things. Lights shine brightest when it is night time, and that shows throughout neighborhoods everywhere. They even have television shows about who decorates the outside of their house the best! Everything that brings Christmas decorations together is a big part of the Christmas spirit. 

Last but not least, presents. Of course, everyone enjoys Christmas presents, and when you open them, it is a different kind of happiness. Especially for the kids, they get to see all the presents under the Christmas tree. But you have to always remember that everyone, including parents, love getting presents. I would hope that people do not like Christmas just for the presents and for the other great aspects, but presents are one of the big things with the holiday.