Freshmen Advice: Quotes of the World

Staff Reporter

“Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.”  

-Christian D. Larson

“If you don’t risk anything, you risk even more.”

-Erica Jong

“If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.”

-Michele Ruiz

“No matter what happens. No matter how far you seem to be away from where you want to be, never stop believing that you will somehow make it. Have an unrelenting belief that things will work out, that the long road has a purpose, that the things that you desire may not happen today, but they will happen. Continue to persist and persevere.” 

-Brad Gast

“Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” 

-John Maxwell

“Respect your parents, they passed school without Google.”

-Anonymous 

“This is your last 4 years of school. After high school, the people you know and talk to now won’t be around so closely anymore. Enjoy it. The most important years of your life are high school. You figure out who you are, where you’re going, and where you fit in the rest of the world. Focus less on the reputation you have in high school, and more on the impact you have on the people and the world around you. In 5 years, you want to be saying “I was a good person and a lot of people feel like they can talk to me and I know what career I want to pursue” instead of “I should’ve been nicer because now I’m lost and can’t ask for help”. Choose your battles wisely, push forward, and enjoy the last of your childhood. You only live once; make it a good once.”

-Makayla Hess