• February 29Neon Spirit Week: March 18th - 22nd + GLOW Pep Rally

About Busch Gardens Williamsburg

About Busch Gardens Williamsburg

What It Is And What It Has

Busch Gardens is a place for fun, excitement, and facing fears. At Busch Gardens in Williamsburg there are over fifty attractions, which include roller coasters and water rides. There are three water rides and ten roller coasters. They also have events going on often like Howl O Scream, Summer Nights, and Christmas town. It is also a European themed amusement park with 17th century and 21st century technology and it is an amazing place to have a fun day with your family.

Things They Have 

Busch gardens is very diverse, it is divided by naming the different places in different countries. In every country there are different diverse types of food, they also have a Food and Wine Festival there and offer over one hundred and fifty international flavors. Busch Gardens offers many types and diverse rides. If you are really nervous to ride a roller coaster they also have small ones for babies, some for teenagers or adults that are not ready to do big heights, and tall ones for teenagers plus.

Other Opinions And Recommendations

I did an interview and I went around my school and asked people what their favorite rides are, how much time they usually spend there, and about how many rides they ride while they are there. Most people liked the Griffon ride, they usually spend about six hours there, and they rode about 11 rides while being there. At Busch Gardens they also offer reservations so you can get up close with some exotic animals. 

Interesting Facts 

It opened up in Williamsburg on May 16, 1975, and their motto is “ Celebrate, Connect, and Care for the natural world through the power of entertainment.” They are always working on improving their park and adding new attractions. Last year they added “DarKoaster” and now people say there is another one coming very soon. Busch Gardens got their name from the personal gardens of Adolphus Busch. The Busch Gardens in Williamsburg has got the title of “ World’s Most Beautiful Theme Park” every year since 1990. Also in 1965 a Serengeti Plain exhibit was released and had hundreds of African animals roaming out in the open.

Incidents 

On Tuesday, March 30, 1999 a man that goes by the name Fabio was riding Apollo’s Chariot and during it he got hit with a goose. The roller coaster goes to 80-85 mph and he left the park with a nosebleed. In response Busch Gardens apologized for it and said “ Safety is our number one priority, and our ride engineers are examining ways to enhance the safety of an already safe ride.”