March Students of the Month Honored

March Students of the Month Honored

Staff Reporter, Staff Reporter

Freshman Heather Bonnar – “She is respectful towards me, she does her work, she participates in class.” (Merisa Shoener, Photographer)
Freshman Casey Billings – “Casey demonstrates leadership skills in class. She is always willing to help other students and is respectful to adults and peers. She is able to take the lead role in group work, is able to delegate to others, and listens to her peer’s input. All of which are great qualities in a leader.” (Merisa Shoener, Photographer)
Sophomore Lauren Landry – “Lauren exemplifies the Duke Way every day! She is kind and considerate of everyone, she gets her work done and has all A’s, and she engages in activities and assignments without delay. She always speaks to me and asks how my day is going and she is always smiling! Lauren is a caring individual who leads by example. She is truly a gem!” (Merisa Shoener, Photographer)
Sophomore Qyre Rhodes – “Qyre is always one to volunteer to help others. He is creative, responsible, and thoughtful. This weekend, he was one of the volunteers with the Educational Foundation’s 8K Race and race coordinators wrote to tell me he was ‘the kindest and most respectful young man I have met in a long time.’ He volunteered to read the Morning Announcements. He volunteers to help with Acts of Kindness Week. He can be counted on to do anything that needs to be done and his attitude is always joyful and kind.” (Merisa Shoener, Photographer)
Junior Janelle Fuelling – “Janelle is an exemplary student. She is enthusiastic about learning, and she completes all assignments with attention to detail and the clear determination to be successful. She is always respectful and kind towards teachers and fellow classmates.” (Merisa Shoener, Photographer)
Junior Trenton Halterman – “He shows respectfulness by being courteous in his language. He shows responsibility by doing his schoolwork. He is engaged by being an active member of the school community and following the school policies.” (Merisa Shoener, Photographer)
Senior Chet Schlanger – “Chet is always an active participant in class. He engages enthusiastically in class discussions and volunteers. He encourages and includes his classmates during group activities. If he sees someone doesn’t have a partner or group, he will be the first to offer that they join with him. Chet goes above and beyond for his assignments. His enthusiasm for learning and inclusion of all people despite differences shines brightly in our classroom.” (Merisa Shoener, Photographer)
Senior Alexis Cruz – “She is always respectful of other people and ready to learn. Even if she is absent, she completes the work in a timely manner. Alexis is quiet but helps others if they need it.” (Merisa Shoener, Photographer)