Students of the Month Named for January

Merisa Shoener

February Students of the Month from left to right: Jordyn Mitchell, Aura Griggs, Hannah Symonds, Xavier Johnson, Raiden Easter

Staff Reporter, Staff Reporter

• February Students of the Month from left to right: Jordyn Mitchell, Aura Griggs, Hannah Symonds, Xavier Johnson, Raiden Easter

• Senior Jordyn Mitchell – “Works well with students especially students with special needs.”

• Junior Aura Griggs – “Aura is always engaged in class and participates in discussions. She is respectful of both teachers and her peers. She demonstrates good leadership skills through listening, helping other students, taking a lead role in groups, and is willing to accept input from others.”

• Freshman Hannah Symmonds – “She helped organize a written skit in class while I was gone and then above the assignment and performed with the class.” Freshman Raiden Easter – “Raiden is an excellent student who gets along well with teachers and peers. He is an active participant in class and an excellent representative of the NJROTC program.”

• Sophomore Xavier Johnson – “Representing GHS and setting the new school record in triple jump!”

• Sophomore Caleb Lawson – “This student was always engaged in my class and willing to help me when needed.”

• Junior Zoe Hypes – “Zoe is like a paper that gets soaked so easily with water. I see this analogy due to the fact that she listens very intently and before I know it, she already gets the full scenario, and she is now rolling to the next agendum for the day. She is always prepared to learn and asks questions when she needs to. She challenges herself by doing more than what is asked of her. She is very intelligent and very responsible.”

• Senior Rosemary Watson – “Rosemary has shown significant improvement in both her academics and behavior/attitude since becoming a senior. She assists the teachers and her peers. She has stayed after school to catch up on her assignments. Rosemary is motivated to graduate.”